Brew up come fresh creativity!
Stop by the Shop to check out our digis and stamps!

FBD Challege Rules


Follow and LIKE us on FACEBOOK

Welcome to the Freshly Brewed Challenges Blog!

Here you will find challenges, inspiration, encouragement, and a whole lot of fresh brewed fun!



**

August 6, 2015

August Challenges + Update on my mom

There will be NO challenges for August.
I have been busy with family and have not been able to 
keep my DT updated nor have I had the chance to prepare any challenges
for the month of August. 

For those of you who have been following this blog
and know about everything that is going on with my mom, 
I just wanted to give you a little update. 

She is doing well. She had a dr. apt yesterday and the doctors
told her that she is healing and doing better than expected. Praise God!
She was told that there weren't any signs of cancer in the lymph nodes 
but she will still have to have chemo and radiation. 
We will find out more when she goes back to the doctor next week. 

Even still, she is happy and thanking God for getting her through 
this and praising Him for all He has done. She isn't worried about the chemo
or upset about any of it. She has been a rock through it all. 

I did tell her about our GIVEFORWARD account set up. 
She still does not know about the Digi Fundraiser. 
I did tell my dad before her and give her the money we had collected
to help pay for surgery / medical bills that lead up to surgery. 
He was so shocked and humbled... and my mom didn't know what to think when I 
told her. She was overwhelmed. Shocked. Humbled. So appreciative. A little confused. 
She wanted me to tell everyone how thankful she is and how she appreciates all of the 
prayers, love, cards and generosity. I don't think any list of sappy words would
EVER begin to describe to you how she felt. I feel the same way. It was so surprising and humbling
to have received so many gifts from you all. So many prayers. So many emails, check ins, encouragement ...
Overwhelmingly blessed. Thank you all SO very much.

If you are just finding out about all of this and want to read more, 
WE are still linking up and sharing and raising money to help with the 
current and upcoming medical bills.

I'm off for now. 
Thank you AGAIN, for everything!

Many hugs, 
Heather  

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Heather! I know you have been under the weather as well so prayers of healing for both you and your mom!
    (Hugs) to you both as well!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Heather. Pleased to hear things are going better for your mum. Hope you are feeling alot better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear she is doing better. Still praying for you and yours. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that your mum is improving - praying for a successful recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very happy to hear your Mum is doing better, thanks for the update ! Keep you all in my prairs, hope you're doing well too since you told us last time you had a kidney stone,
    Hugs,
    Willeke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Fresh Brewed Designs.

We are so happy that you could join us.
You will always find a fresh pot of creativity and friendship brewing here.
We would love to share some with you!

Have a beautiful and blessed day!

comment counter